Most loved introduction to the yummy side of Ljubljana: taste food, wine, craft beer, coffee and desserts from small, local, independent, family-run businesses as well as their stories.
Get to know Ljubljana through our favourite food, wine, craft beer, coffee and desserts spots. A must-do 101 crash course on everything foodie in town.
Your best start to understand what our cuisine, and people, are all about. We’ll eat, drink, share the dishes and stories: main sights we might skip but what it means to live in Slovenia and Ljubljana never. Through talking to your foodie guide and the people behind tabletops, you will discover small businesses with daily fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, their unique dishes and stories that differentiate them from the rest. Sample their hand-selected goodies, learn all about making the best espresso, chat with vendors at the farmers market and much more – from high end cuisine to lip-smacking comfort food, Ljubljana has it all. And it’s yours to discover.
- dine where the locals do
- experience daily fresh traditional and contemporary Ljubljana cuisine
- talk to some local chefs, each with their unique story and culinary vision
- gain insight into the best local eateries, gourmet stores and dining hideaways
- enjoy a personalised, customised walking tour in a small group with up to 6 people (if you have a bigger group, let us know to prepare something special for you)
- meet your new local foodie connection in town who’ll be happy to answer anything (yes, also about Melania if you wish)
- you won’t leave hungry (for food or information), we promise!
Duration: 3,5 – 4 hours.
Walking distance: Approximately 2km with frequent stops in between
Time: daily at 11.30 am, 1pm or 4.30 pm or by demand – except public holidays. Foodwalks starting at 11.30am and 1pm also include a visit to the farmers market. Foodwalks starting later have a different route but same amount of food & drinks. You let us know your preferred time of starting and we’ll do our best to make it happen – once a slot is full, we will open another one.
Min./max. participants: 3 – 6 (we like to keep it simple). If there is just one or two signed up, we’ll nevertheless create something yummy for you. Are you travelling in a bigger group? Let us know and we’ll arrange it!
Suitable for children and dogs!
Allergic to certain foods? Want to taste more/less? Desire a different time slot? Prefer a higher / lower budget? Let us know in advance and we will accommodate your taste or prepare a private foodwalk for you.
- 55 eur/person: at least 4 sit-down stops, 8 tastings (depending on starting time) including specialty coffee & dessert
- 65 eur/person: at least 4 sit-down stops, 8 tastings (depending on starting time) including specialty coffee & dessert + a choice of 3 drinks (2 dcl craftbeer / 1 dcl wine / any three other non-alcoholic drinks)
- discounts for children – see form below
Exclusions: extra drinks, personal purchases. Gratuities and tips are highly appreciated.
Interested? Good choice! We can’t wait to share our cuisine and stories with you. Sign up at least one day in advance using the form above. We will try to accommodate any last minute inquiries if possible – please Whatsapp or txt us. If you’re experiencing troubles with our booking system, we apologise so please email us or use the custom form and we’ll get back to you asap!
*Prices are 50 eur extra if there is only one or two persons on the walk.
Related food & drink walks
Wine & dine your way through Ljubljana downtown, learn the main colours (red, wine, orange) and try to sing our anthem – a toast!